Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Like Father Like Daughter (with lots of mom in there too!)

I have to share a funny story ......... now as for the lovely Abby........ she at 20 months loves to put on make up - mostly lip stick- and it's normally worn from check to check and nose to chin!

Yesterday I had to cater a branding for some friends - maybe that didn't make sense but, they were branding their cattle and they wanted me to cater lunch for them. I hate the smell of the branding so, I only came at the end with lunch. Abby saw all of this going on (with "baby cows"), she wanted to ride the calves. I was more ok with the horses but, she really wanted to ride to calves. The family that was doing it had some young children that they were letting so, Abby asked if she could. Now Abby won't go to anyone! Yet, she let the dad take her over the fence and help her ride. Maybe I need to explain a little of how the riding went down. They had guys on horses one with the front legs of the calf roped and one with the back roped. After the shots, branding, and tagging they would let the ropes loose and of course the calf would take off. As they were letting the calves take off they were letting the kids ride the calves. One guy would be on each side of the calf and each had an arm of whatever child was riding. When the calf took off they would help the child stay with the calf for a few seconds. Abby was a little nervous at first but she loved riding - she was very upset that the other calves were to big for her to ride because she wanted to keep doing it. I wish I had brought my camera! She is very much her father's daughter when it comes to the cattle!!


I just had to post this picture - this is what she does when you tell her to give you a cheesy smile!
Got to love the "morning" hair!

2 comments: