Saturday, June 6, 2009

Random pictures of things going on.

Here's some random pictures since I haven't posted any for a while.
This is Tyler and Howard in the play they did back in Feb. Tyler is in the back on the stairs and Howard is in the front left. One of the guys came here from Sweeden to be in the play and as their good bye gifts he made every one a shirt. Tyler's says "cool breeze" and Howards says "old maid mail man". Part of it was inside jokes and part of it had to do with things they said in the play.
This is the boy Hailey is going to marry. (the one on the left) His name is Jaxon. Hailey's hair was pulled back so, that's why it looks like she doesn't have any hair. She had a sleep over with Jaxon because he's moving to Utah. Brenden said he needed to sleep with them and watch over his sister! Hailey was so funny - she said "don't worry we're not going to kiss!" I wasn't worried until that's what she said!!

This is the new shack we just bought. This is the before picture! It needed soooo much work!


This is the after picture! YAA! It looks so much better. Howard was so busy driving tractor and working at the post office. I had to paint it myself so it took 2 days - my poor back killed me when it was done! My friend Summer does vinyl letters and stuff so I had her make the stuff you see in the window. (if you need anything she is very inexpensive and good - just jump on her blog and talk to her) Anyway! Glad to have it finished it's just not going as good as we hoped. We still need to invest another $3000 into it before we will really start seeing money like we want. We are thinking about taking it to Reno for Hot August Nights but, it's like$2000 to just be a vendor! (for those who are not big car fans it's the biggest car "show off" in the U.S. My dad and bro James have been able to show off their cars in the "cruise". I think it takes like 3 or 4 years of waiting to even get picked to have you car picked to be in it. But, it's hot that week and could make tons - but, that's a ton to put out front to just hope you'll make it back!

Last night I wish I would have remembered my camera for the scout camp thing. We made dutch oven stuff. I found a fun recipe for "Pepsi Chicken", BBQ ribs, campout potatoes, and sticky buns. The Pepsi chicken was a hit with the boys! I thought it would be a great way to teach them that cooking could be fun. Funny thing - it worked! They all asked if I would give them the recipes so they could make it for their families.
FYI the chicken you just put the chicken in the dutch oven cover it with bbq sauce then put pepsi (or you could use rootbeer) in the dutch oven til it almost covers the chicken. Cook for about half and hour to and hour (depending on your heat).
Well, it's Saturday and finally stopped raining - I need to go so my garden is not taken over completely by weeds.




2 comments:

Tam said...

Sounds like you have been busy. We sure took summer for granted when we were kids - now all we can do is moan and groan about it.

I have a similar recipe for pork. 3 lbs pork roast, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 12 ounce jar salsa (any will do) and one can dr. pepper. Cook in crock pot until pork shreds. It is really good!!! I am going to try your recipe - it sounds good too

love ya!!!!

Howard and Ang said...

Yours sounds good too! I will have to make it- soon- I have 2 major events this weeks so I'm swamped til Friday. My fav in the crockpot is throw a chuck roast in there dump in a jar of bbq sauce (no water or anything else) then let it cook on high for about 8 hours. It will shred and I put it on the sub sandwich bread from Costco. (everyone LOVES these we do them alot for catering)
We still need to connect on the phone soon Tam!