Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I am on my soap box!!

I know for many people right now - we are all wondering what more could happen with the economy? How much worse could it be? How is all of this going to effect me?
Well, sorry to tell you all, I don't have a crystal ball but let me stand on my soap box and see if maybe anyone will listen- LOL
PLEASE!!!! take some of your tax return and buy food storage - not that you need to do this much but Howard & I spent $1000 of ours on food. The local store was having a case lot sale and we did up a whole cow (I know you all can't do that) but, do something!! We've been told forever by the prophets to have food storage and what a better time to listen when in the last 14 months 3.6 million Americans have lost their jobs. With Howard working at the post office we get a glimps of things before anyone else- the reason? Because as businesses start to go under they stop sending out so much mail. Before several of the major financial institutions collapsed in September 2008 the post office had already reported 7 consecutive quarters of decline in mail volume. At the end of the 2008 fiscal year, the Postal Service announced it had delivered a whopping 9.5 BILLION FEWER pieces of mail than the year before. While posting an annual deficit of $2.8 billion. In the first quarter of the new fiscal year (2009) mail volume is down by another 9.3 percent- THE LARGEST QUARTERLY DECLINE SINCE THE GREAT DEPRESSION OF THE 1930'S!!! Just in 2008 the post office layed off nearly 30,000 career jobs. The postal service feels that they will have another $6 billion or more loss for the balance of 2009.
This is a sign!!! Please prepare your family!!
Make your garden twice as big this year - if you don't can or garden- look up how on the internet and educate yourself! I would hate to loose the chance to make a difference in my families life because I am "to busy".

Ok - I will step off the soap box - but please work on your food storage and financial storage. We have people out here that are gathering food storage so they will be able to trade wheat for something else they will want when money doesn't effect people the way trading food will. Go back and read things that Brigham Young said. The price of wheat is the same as the price of Gold right now, but wheat was worth more that gold this last summer!

Alright now I really will get off this soap box and get the rest of my day going. I love you all and hope that you will be prepare like we have been commanded - the time is NOW!

1 comment:

Merrimom said...

I hope everyone can tell how right you are.... How interesting about the postal services reports. I never really thought of that way of seeing into the future. With General Conference in October, all of the apostles talking about preparing, that was good enough of a sign for me. I only hope what I have done will be good enough. Love ya and thanks!