Monday, March 30, 2009

YW General Conference

I know I have a ton of updating maybe this week I can find some time. I have been swamped with being out of town so much and then this week I have to cook and do our RS Birthday Dinner. I will spend most of Thurs. & all day Friday doing food and setting up everything. I found this really neat skit online so we are going to do that (I like to have a skit for all our RS dinners). Then Friday I need to set up the building and cook the food. We are going to have an old buggy and some old turn of the century things. It will look great and the food will be awesome! Ok bragging time over. LOL

As for a little bit of an update we just got back from Salt Lake last night - Ashley, Heidi, and I went to the YW General Conference at the conference center. Howard & I took all the kids because we had to pick up the boys from David. Tyler advanced to a teacher last week so David had come here to pick them up. If any of you saw the YW conference you saw that the entire first presidency was there. Pres. Monson spoke. As the presidency walked into the room - you could just feel the room fill with a strong spirit. I have met Pres. Kimball and Elder Ashton I met a couple of times. (I even went to Elder Ashton's condo and got to ride in a golf cart with him and his wife - under the SLC temple to the tabernacle.) I still laugh about something he said. When we were in the elevator he turned to my date and said that this was the perfect place to propose. I turn to Elder Ashton and asked him if he was crazy how at all could that be romantic at all? He laughed and said that it was the perfect place because if she said no then you could just push stop until she said yes. I always loved listening to his talks and thought how great of a man he was.
Anyway, it was great to see President Monson and wave to him as he waved up at us. The spirit was so strong and such a wonderful message was given by all who spoke. The girls have just about talked about it non stop. Ashley is still walking around on cloud nine. Heidi doesn't seem to truly understand how much of a big deal it was - she looks at it as just another church meeting. It kind of bothers Howard and I - wishing she was more into it. As for me- I was grateful to be there in the presence of our prophet. I was so grateful for the spirit I felt and love every word. He talked about courage and a few things that struck me was that he talked about having the courage to always include people. I feel that I have always tried to live that way but, of course could feel my faults and need to work on them. I did love that he talked about that the Saviors commandments are commandments not suggestions! I also enjoyed the YW presidents talked about - reading the Book of Mormon for at least 5 min. everyday and ALWAYS SMILE!!
So keep smiling everyone!! Love you all!!


No comments: