Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter & Everything Else

Hailey & Abby got these "bunny glasses" at an Easter egg hunt we went to. I was in the kitchen and Hailey had put hers on then helped Abby with hers. They came around the corner of the kitchen yelling "hop .... hop .... hop" jumping up and down. It was so cute! I ran them out front to take their picture!
Hailey was totally into Easter! Abby was just trying to keep up with her.
Brenden was the only other one interested in Easter. Greg and Ashley were like "what ever!" Tyler was passed out in bed until 10am (due to a late night at a dance). Heidi just wasn't sure what to do about everything - it was that she wanted to be "to big" for Easter but, she didn't know quite how to go about it. (it was kind of funny) Melanie & Natalie just acted weird about the whole thing. They looked in their baskets after 45 min. of being up and only because I was upset that they weren't interested and said something to Howard. He finally told them that if they didn't want them he would take them back. They sat at the table looked through their baskets - put everything back and went to their rooms to read or play I'm not really sure. I was pretty upset. Howard finally went and lectured them for about 1/2 hour. Then they came in the living room with everyone else and just paced back and forth. Howard after a while of them doing that took them outside and lectured them - I don't know what he said but when they came back in they were both crying. After lunch they started to act fine. I don't know what was going on - but, it was disturbing! I finally had to ignore it and just concentrate on those that were interested in Easter and be focused on them. It wouldn't be fair for everyone to be upset over those two!
On to more pleasant things......... Here's Howard helping Hailey decorate eggs. I think he was more into it then her!


Ok this happened yesterday....
I decided to start potty training Abby (I know 20 months but, hey!) So, I brought her "potty" into the living room and told her to go potty. She went and got a cow magazine and a book then, sat down! I thought I was going to die laughing!
She is totally her fathers daughter!



This is Hailey and the new dog!
Hailey is not sharing very well and Abby keeps pulling her hair to let her know she is not happy.
It was really cold last night so we let the dog sleep in the house. I woke up this morning to it up on Hailey's bed cuddled up to her. I thought ohhhh how cute! Then as I got off my bed I stepped in a puddle of dog pee! After cleaning up myself I went to get the kids up and get the cleaner for the carpet and barely missed a pile of dog poop!
Great way to get up this morning!!
(I don't know Summer this dog might go back to your house!)




2 comments:

Jen said...

The dog is cute! I would venture to say not so cute after the stepping in!
I think hormones are to blame... Luckly Kris has Devin who is 4 years younger so she still gets to get excited and no one will think the less of her.
I hope that things are going better for you. Seriously consider the 'come stay with me option'!
OH! Need your email. I know you gave it to me, but didn't get it in the computer right away and now I can't find it. Sent out an update email today and wanted to send it to you too.

Howard and Ang said...

it's givinfamily@netzero.com
also Jen I got your gospel art book. I paid for it for you so hopefuly you didn't already. I will get it mailed to you along with the temple booklet I told you about.