Thursday, April 9, 2009

I know 2 blogs - 1 day - new house-opinions wanted again!

This is what our new house will look like. The front pillars will not be white but, natural logs. I haven't picked out an outside color yet, I am thinking some kind of tan with black trim. (open to ideas)

This is the main level. The porch and screen porch will be pushed out and make the main bedroom and living room larger. The nook will become a full dining room. The dining area will be a formal room with built ins to be used as a bedroom. There will be a 4th bed and a shower in that main bath.


This is the upstairs (there will not be a basement because it would be over 3100 sq. feet and need a sprinkler system) As you see it the total is about 3000 sq. feet. As for the upstairs - there will be the gameroom. Then in that bathroom we will but a wall and sliding door between the sinks and toilet/tub area. This way more kids at a time getting ready. We had this when I was a kid and I love the idea.
If you notice - all the bedroom closets have windows to bring in the light and help reduce electricity. Also we will be putting up a solar system. Evenually we will and wind energy but it's all pretty pricey.
-So we are meeting with the contractors tomorrow for a final run through and final changes we want. Does anyone see anything they would change - I don't want to get done and wish we had done something else.
Thanks again! Angela (see it would be fun to just be shut up in the house all day! LOL)

5 comments:

Merrimom said...

Holy house!!!!! Wowza! It looks fabulous! I was a nanny for a short time in a giant house and I absolutely LOVED that they had a laundry chute from the upstairs straight down to the laundry room. Makes it easy for the kiddos to take care of their dirty laundry!

Marian Scadden said...

Nice! I never thought of windows in the closets before--what a great idea. Love the sliding door separating the toilet and tub area from the sink area. And Merri's idea of the laundry chute--Oo, Ah. I don't think I could add anything, except for things I would want personally--an office/library/craft room, for instance; a cellar for the potatoes, maybe; shelves built in every closet and room; cupboards that aren't so high they're a waste for me; a porch swing (but I suppose you can get that separately after the home is done); a separate room within the garage for a workshop (my tools need to be ready, when I want to saw something); and outlets everywhere so I have lots of options with electrical things. I don't want too much, right? :)

Howard and Ang said...

I mentioned this stuff to the kids and asked what they liked that you guys listed - the laundry chute (holy cow Merri!) they are running around freaking out saying that "that is the change we HAVE to make!" The other thing was the electrical outlets every where.
There will be closet shelves built in. We skipped the office because our bedroom is so big plus the "dinning room" that will become the formal room will be used as a bedroom with french doors on it - but then will become the office/craft/piano room.
My only problem with this floor plan is that I would like to have a cemented area for food storage - Howard & I have talked about just putting in a celler. The Elders Quorm is doing service for every family in the quorm and we know a couple of them that have back hoes and maybe we could have that be what they help us with.

Howard and Ang said...

One more thing - the house may look huge but with 11 people it's not all that big! Right now we are in 1100 sq feet so the change is going to be awesome - we will all be able to breathe. We wanted the kitchen and living room to be big and connected for now it will be great but with time we wanted to make sure we have a big space to gather when the kids come visit and they all have their families.

Marian Scadden said...

Way cool, whatever you guys do. How exciting!